Cement is one of the most critical materials used in construction. The strength of a structure depends on several factors; cement quality is one of them.
BS EN offers a comprehensive test for cementitious materials to check the conformity according to EN197-1. These materials include traditional Portland cement and other cementitious materials such as Fly Ash, Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS), Limestone Fines & Silica Fumes.
A comprehensive range of cement testing encompassing both physical and chemical properties:
- Setting time Soundness Fineness
- Activity index Moisture content
- Loss of ignition Residual insoluble Sulfate
- Major elements (SiO , Fe O , CaO, MgO, Al O )
- Carbon dioxide
- Alkali (Na O & K O) 22
- Reactive silica heat of hydration Pozzolanicity
- Specific surface area – BET method