As the primary structural foundation for almost all construction, soil materials play an essential role in the ultimate success of a project. BS EN carry out tests specified in BS 1377 and EN ISO 17892, from necessary classification testing to chemical testing.
BS EN laboratory perform in-house and onsite testing of soil materials used for subgrades, structural fills, roadways, and dams, providing valuable information that assists design engineers in achieving sound engineering practices.
- Particle size distribution
- Particle density
- Bulk density
- Compaction test (maximum & minimum dry density)
- Moisture/water content
- Atterberg limit (liquid limit & plasticity index) Linear shrinkage
- California Bearing Ratio (CBR)
- Consolidated Drained Shear Box Test
- Direct shear box*
- Unconfined compressive strength*
- Constant & falling head permeability*
- One Dimensional Consolidation*
- UU, CU & CD*
- Triaxial permeability*
- pH value
- Organic matter
- Mass loss of ignition
- Sulphate content
- Chloride content
- Soil resistivity*
Note: Item marked (*) are externally provided.